Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Chicago Marathon - AOH 32 Represented

40,000 runners - 1.5 million spectators - One unforgettable experience - the 29th annual Chicago Marathon!Well, don't ever let it be said that it cannot be done - that a 200++ pound Irishman can't hang with a 130 pound Kenyan!
Ok, so maybe I finished 3 hours later than the winner, but at least I didn't fall down at the finish line like he did!
After following a strict diet of Guinness, Irish Stew and making frequent "inspirational" visits to the Ukrainian Club and Paddy's Pour House in Carnegie and enduring lonely, long weekend runs, I finished the Chicago Marathon (my 4th) this past Sunday, October 22 with my nephew Michael.It was a cold, blustery 26.2 mile race, but I finished with my dignity in check and well represented the brotherhood of AOH32!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Wayhart said...

Thanks Bill!

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 


Designed by: BrandMill About History Decree Sean MacBride/Principles Spirituality Charity Work Links Photos Membership Contact